Thursday, January 21, 2010

I am going to write it as simply as Defoe did the autobiography of Robinson Crusoe. And she has and this is it.

When I was 11 I cooked on my own for the first time. I thought to heat oil in a covered saucepan on a high heat. When I lifted the lid 10 minutes later, a burst of flames and smoke flew up in my face. While I like to believe my technique has vastly improved, I'm still learning. That's what's great about cooking: food is a generative source of interesting textures and flavour and colour combinations. We are all creators and cooking is about tapping into the endless possibility.

So join me on my journey of eating ludicrous amounts of good food and sharing recipe ideas with all of you!

Also, Dan, Madz and Lionel (who has an awesome photo blog, http://spineiro-photos.blogspot.com/) thank you guys so much for helping me set this thing up. I don't know where I'd be without family and friends like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment